Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Finish and Update

 The "Pink Ribbon Social" is a fund raiser for Breast Cancer Awareness.  I used my favorite pattern, "Blue Me Away" and went pink!
 The wind was slightly blowing, so I had a hard time catching a flat picture.
 My DH helped show the backing with the florals and pink ribbons -- I need to buy more of this fabric.

 A close up of the quilting -- I just love my long-arm.  I have been asked if she has a name yet -- well yes, sort of..."Grunt" is her name -- because of the small space in my sewing room, I have to pull her away from the wall when using her and then push her back when done.  There is a lot of GRUNTS when doing this, even with the casters.
This is the last time you will see the Musical Pinwheels until it is done.  The last row of blocks is all I have left to sew together, then it is coming off the wall to sew the rows together and place in line for quilting.

I am joining Quilt Story for their Fabric Tuesday today.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That fund raiser quilt is just gorgeous! Isn't it great to find a charity you love to work with.
loritfrench@comcast.net

Barb Neiwert said...

I LOVE this quilt! Pinks and reds are my favorite colors, and this one is just so much fun! Great job!

Quiltjane said...

I love everything about the quilt, the colour, design and the divine quilting.

fancystitching said...

GRUNT? How creative!! The quilting is WONDERFUL on this! Your feathers are great, and I know your back and shoulders are saying, "Thank you for getting us a longarm and not doing this on a regular machine. UGH!"

You have been one busy gal. Keep up the good work!

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful quilt!! What kind of long arm do you have? Seems like it would be hard to move it back and forth.

Pat Merkle said...

Love your Pink Ribbon Social quilt.

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Hey - beautiful quilt! Looks like you are getting the hang of that longarm! :)

Judy

Cathy said...

Lovely quilt. I'd gladly grunt once in a while if I had a longarm! ;-)

Sarah Craig said...

Awesome pink quilt - the quilting is amazing! And I'm sure loving Musical Pinwheels!!

Ellie Q said...

Beautiful pink quilt--and this is from someone who usually isn't a huge pink fan. Love the quilting too!

Jodi Nelson said...

What a beautiful quilt! Love all the shades of pink!